Consideration for production requirements of "video tile" service.
Researching Chroma Key setups, including green screen backgrounds, lighting, and equipment.
I researched green screen options- cloth backgrounds vs. paper backgrounds. Paper green screen backgrounds were cheaper, yet less flexible than a green cloth background. Cloth backgrounds would cost more, but offer more versatility with easier/more compact storage and transport. A paper background could be lit more consistently for a smooth, seamless chroma key. Cloth backgrounds would show wrinkles, making lighting more difficult and potentially causing inconsistencies in the chroma key process. I decided that a green paper background would be the best solution.
I shopped for the green screen background. I found a nine foot wide, chroma key green paper background at Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto at a reasonable price.
I went to Keeble and Shuchat to purchase and pick up the background.
I proceeded to my own rented Public Storage space, where I already have background stands, lights, and light stands. I went there to pick up the equipment, assembling the portable green screen production studio.
Hours logged: 4.5

No comments:
Post a Comment